X-FORCE #20-21


"Assault on Graymalkin" March, April 1993

Story: Fabian Nicieza

Pencils: Greg Capullo

Inks: Harry Candelario

Story:
Cable is believed dead and his enormous intelligent spaceship (dubbed "Graymalkin") has been found in orbit by the crew of a Stark shuttle. S.H.I.E.L.D. (read Nick Fury) wants to get his paws on that technology, Stark Enterprises (read Jim Rhodes) claims that it legally belongs to him since his people found it and finally, X-Force (read a bunch of young mutant kids) consider that, as Cable's young protégés, their ex-leader's legacy should be theirs. Now that the players are in place, the story can unfold.


The first to arrive on the scene are X-Force of course (it's their book after all) closely followed by S.H.I.E.L.D. A battle ensues during which Fury and his people get their butts seriously handed to them. But just as it seems the kids have won the day, someone wearing black and silver armor shows up and he's not happy.


What's cool:
If you're a War Machine fan, if you liked that bad-ass armor more than any other, if you want to see it at its peak, systematically taking X-Force apart one by one, then you want to get this book. The story is non-stop action (aside from when they start going on about X-Force supporting characters I know nothing about). The art is awesome, great stuff indeed. You can't go wrong with this one. There is also a hilarious "Cheers" appearance in issue 21 that made me laugh my head off. Sam, Norm, Cliff… they're all there. What a cool extra!


Quote:

Shatterstar says: "We better get outta here before every Tom, Dick an' Harry with a SHIELD I.D., a gun an' an attitude shows up ta bust our humps!"to which War Machine answers: "I'd say it's a little too late for that, kid. Let me introduce myself… My name's Tom, Dick and Harry… these are my guns. Would you like to see the attitude?"


Comments